DYCH offers the Online Studies program for students who cannot attend the regular daytime high school program. Online Studies provides a structured program for student learning with flexibility for students to complete learning activities in the classroom and on their own at home.
Ground Rules for Class
- Students will attend Online Class at DYCH a minimum of 2 days a week for a minimum of 2 hours each day.
- Students may attend Online Class Monday-Friday from 8:10 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Students must sign the physical paper attendance sheet with a time in and a time out to be considered in class.
- Online students attendance will be tracked. Online attendance policy is the same as the day program policy.
- If a situation arises where a student is unable to attend class for the required time for one week, the student will be required to make up the class time the following week. Parents should also contact the school to verify the absence.
- If a student fails to attend the required days and time in class and at home, they will be assessed a $20 fee. Students who do not pay the penalty fee will be dropped from the DYCH Online program.
- Students will work independently using the Edgenuity Online Learning Program. To learn more, please visit edgenuity.com
- Students will be logged on and actively working on coursework a minimum of 10 hours each week at home. The Edgenuity program tracks active time vs. idle time when a student is logged in. It is expected that there will be some idle time as students may pause to take notes, take a small break, etc. However, the expectation is still 10 hours of active time.
- Students should complete a course every 2 weeks to progress towards graduation requirements. This is still significantly less credit earned than would possibly be earned in the traditional high school program. If students are needing to make up credits, they should strongly consider a faster paced schedule for completing Edgenuity courses.
- Edgenuity course pre and post quizzes can be completed in the classroom or at home. The program allows 2 attempts to pass quizzes. A passing quiz for pre-tests is 80% and 60% for post tests. If a student needs a retake to pass a quiz, they must speak with the teacher. The teacher may require additional rework of the course instruction/assignment before allowing another attempt.
- All topic and unit testing/assessments must be done in the classroom with the teacher. A passing test score for most courses is 60%. If a student needs additional attempts to pass the test, they must talk with the teacher. The teacher may require additional rework of course instruction/assignment before allowing another test attempt.
- Grades are calculated as an overall percentage of assignments, quizzes, and test scores. Grading follows the BESD grading scale.
Ground Rules for Class
- Be prepared for class with behavior and materials.
- Listen without interruption and wait your turn to speak
- Ask permission to leave the classroom.
- Keep language and conversations school appropriate.
- Keep all electronic devices put away during ALL testing.
- Think and act in a positive way about yourself, others, classroom, and equipment.
- Act in ways that will not prevent others from learning.